Cookies disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

If you have a CCJ registered against you, you will need to pay the judgment amount (the amount appearing on our register) in order to have the judgment showing as satisfied.

If the judgment amount is not paid the judgment will remain outstanding for six years from the date of the judgment – we do not currently hold partial settlement information.

If the judgment is paid within a calendar month from the date of the judgment, either yourself or the claimant can contact the relevant court with proof of payment. Once the court notify Registry Trust, we will remove the judgment from our public register and notify the credit reference agencies to remove it from their files.

If the judgment is paid after a calendar month from the date of judgment, you can apply to have the judgment marked as satisfied, provided you or the claimant send in your proof of payment to the relevant court.

If you require a certificate showing that your record has been paid, you can apply to the relevant court for a 'Certificate of Satisfaction'.

To do this, you will need to fill out the N443 form and enclose a £16 cheque or postal order made payable to HMCTs.

You can only receive a ‘Certificate of Satisfaction’ if your debt is paid in full; we do not record partial settlement information.

If you haven’t paid a CCJ

You will need to contact the claimant.

See here for our guide on Claimants.