Cookies disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

How do I find out who the Plaintiff is?

You will need to contact the Jersey Petty Debts or Jersey Royal Courts that issued your judgment and quote them the date of judgment. They will be able to give you contact information for the Plaintiff so that you can find out more information and pay them.

Petty Debt Court – For judgments under £10,000
Contact the Jersey Petty Debts court on tel: 01534 440454

Petty Debts Court
Cyril le Marquand House
The Parade
St Helier

Royal Courts – For judgments over £10,000
Contact the Jersey Royal Court on tel: 01534 441300

Judicial Greffe of the Royal Court
Royal Court House
Royal Square
St Helier

If you unaware of the judgment date, you can do a search on TrustOnline.

I’ve paid the Plaintiff…now what?

If you’ve paid the Plaintiff, you will need to ask them to provide you with proof of payment so that our register can be updated.

We require a letter from the Plaintiff on letter headed paper (where possible) which states the:

  • Court Name
    • Date of Judgment
    • Amount
    • Date Paid in Full

Your original proof of payment can be sent by post to:

Registry Trust Ltd
153-157 Cleveland Street

Including a return address for us to send confirmation back to you.

Or by email to

For a search of our register confirming the judgment has been updated, you will need to submit a cheque for £6 made payable to Registry Trust Ltd, for each named person or business at a specified address.

Alternatively, electronic payments can be made to:

Lloyds Bank Plc.
Account Name: Registry Trust Ltd
Account Number: 00436189
Sort Code: 309368

Please ensure that your judgment date and the defendant name has been noted on the electronic transfer.

We may need to contact the Plaintiff on your behalf if the proof of payment is insufficient.

My Plaintiff has refused to provide proof of payment – what can I do?

Plaintiffs are under no legal obligation to provide proof of payment once payment has been made.

However, if you provide us with what evidence you have that the debt has been paid, we will attempt to contact the Plaintiff on your behalf.

If we do not receive a response after 28 days, the register may be updated at a manager’s discretion based on the evidence you have provided.