Cookies disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

You should receive a court summons explaining the details of a judgment which will provide you with the opportunity to dispute it.

You may not receive the court summons if you have moved address and have not notified the plaintiff.

Once the judgment has been granted details are submitted to Registry Trust for inclusion on the public Register.

We will contact you by letter, using the information provided to us by the court, to let you know that a judgment is due to go on to the register.

The Register for Isle of Man contains details of money judgments submitted in the Isle of Man Courts of Justices.

If the judgment has been recorded in error you must apply to the Isle of Man Courts of Justice to have the judgment set aside, or which a court fee is payable. A sworn affidavit is also required which can be prepared at the court public counter for a fee or by an advocate who will charge a fee.

If the judgment has been paid in full and you paid via the local Coroner’s office then you must provide proof of payment to the Coroner who will issue a certificate of satisfaction for a fee.

This certificate must then be presented to the court who will notify us and we will have the public Register updated. If notification comes to us from the court confirming that the judgment was repaid within one calendar month of the original judgment date, the item will be removed from the Register, although it will remain on the records held at court.

The information appearing on the Register is as follows:

• The name and address of the defendant the judgment was recorded against
• Court name and serial number
• Name and address of defendant
• Date and amount of judgment (including costs)
• Details of ‘satisfaction’ once Registry Trust have been notified by the General Registry

The Isle of Man Courts of Justice do not have the facility to add a date of birth to a judgment; every judgment the court sends over to us come over without a date of birth.

Click here for more information on how to satisfy an Isle of Man judgment.

General Information

The Register only shows the original amount of any judgment, plus costs, issued by the General Registry and cannot be updated when part-payments are made. Details of the plaintiff are not held on the Register, but available from the General Registry.

Judgments remain on the public Register for 6 years from the date of judgments unless they have been cancelled/set-aside.