Cookies disclaimer

I agree Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.

You should receive notification from the court, explaining the details of the judgment, which will provide you with the opportunity to dispute it.

You may not receive the court notification if you have moved address and have not notified the claimant.

Once the judgment has been granted details are submitted to Registry Trust for inclusion on the public Register.

We will contact you by letter, using the information provided to us by the court, to let you know that a judgment has been put onto our Register.

If the judgment is paid within a calendar month of the judgment date and proof of payment is provided to us, we will remove the judgment.

The Northern Ireland Register contains details of all undefended default, small claims and high court judgments.

The information appearing on the Register is as follows:

  • The name and address the judgment was recorded against
    • Court name and case number
    • Name and address of defendant
    • Date and amount of judgment
    • Details of ‘satisfaction’ once Registry Trust has been provided with proof of payment

The Northern Ireland Court Service do not have the facility to add a date of birth to a judgment, therefore every judgment the courts send to Registry Trust will have no date of birth.

We do not hold or make publicly available Claimants details, but these can be obtained from the Civil Processing Centre (Tel: 0300 200 7812) if you have the case number.

Northern Ireland judgments stay on the public Register for six years unless cancelled or set aside.

Details of these judgments, and any subsequent amendments are passed to the credit reference agencies for inclusion in their records.

For more information on how to satisfy a Northern Ireland judgment click here.